This fishing adventure is like no others out there! Rodrigues Island offers anglers a unique opportunity to fish for some incredible species. The fishing style used is down to you as the itinerary can be completely tailored to suit how you wish to fish and the species you wish to target. In addition to this, we have some excellent tackle package waiting onboard for you to use completely free of charge.
Rodrigues Island is a 108 square-kilometre Island and is part of the Republic of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean. Located roughly 350 miles east of Mauritius, Rodrigues is part of the Mascarene Islands which are built up of Rodrigues and Réunion Islands. The islands are of volcanic origin and surrounded by some amazing coral reefs. Most of the fishing is performed in the Indian Ocean however an area you must visit is the West Hawkins Bank. This location is world-famous for huge Dogtooth Tuna and monster GT’s. With our boats, this journey does not take long.
The waters around Rodrigues are teeming with many different species, in the morning you could be popper fishing for GT’s, in the afternoon you could be trolling for huge Black Marlin and then in the evening, you could be vertical jig fishing for Dogtooth Tuna. Rodrigues has something for every angler and more. The Dogtooth Tuna is the main pull to this area as they get very large with a fish over 200lb being very possible.
All we ask you to bring is your terminal tackle, poppers, jigs, stick baits, trolling lures, hooks, weights and mono hook lengths.
The boat was built in Mauritius from a proven mould to fish the Indian Ocean. It is a vessel designed to combine performance, safety and comfort making it a go-to vessel in the field of big game fishing. It has been equipped to spend up to 20 days on the ocean. Below you can find the technical information:
- Model – D’Unienville 53 feet (16.16m x 4.70m)
- Engine – 2 x 500 CV Yanmar Inboard
- Weight – 20 tons
- Draft – 1.20 meters
- Freshwater Tank – 3000 litres
- Diesel tanks – 5000 litres (2 x 2500 litres)
- Autonomy – 1000 nautical miles
- Fully equipped kitchen – (sink, gas fire, oven, integrated cooler)
- Living area – with table and large seating area
- 3 individual ventilated cabins (10 beds in total) Bed linen and towels provided
- 1 Bathroom – with shower, sink and toilet
- Spacious rear deck – fighting chair, large rear platform to move around during fight and enough space for 5 people to jig fish side by side.
- Insurance – Mauritius Union Co LTD (Mauritius)
- Distress beacon KANNAD
- IRIDIUM satellite phone
- Fire extinguishers
- Life rafts
At the helm of the boat is the best skipper on the Island who has been running his boat very successfully since 2008. He has already set the world on fire with some record catches of many different species. This skipper knows the waters like the back of his hand and his fishing knowledge is second to none. Along with his team, who he has worked with for a long time, you will be in the very best of hands as you patrol the waters around Rodrigues Island.