Skip to content

NEWS: Canadian eTA Has Arrived

NEWS: Canadian ETA Has Arrived As of March the 15th 2016 you will need to have an eTA to enter Canada, its very much the same as an American ESTA. We at Sportquest like to advise travellers of news as it happens and feel that it is a good idea to keep you all informed of any changes to your travel plans. Hopefully the below will help:


Canada’s Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) Program

The Canadian Government announced that from 15th March 2016 certain visitors flying into Canada will require an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA).

If you do not normally require a visa to enter Canada (e.g. British Citizens), you will need to get an eTA.

What is an eTA?

eTA is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. Travellers will apply online, providing basic personal information similar to what is currently collected when they arrive in Canada. It will allow Canada to screen travellers before they arrive. The authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

Therefore, you must travel with the passport that you applied for your eTA with, you can enter Canada as many times within the validity of the eTA for this one fee.


  • eTA online applications opens from 1st August, 2015


  • Visitors simply apply online in a process that takes just a few minutes. All you need is your passport, a credit card, access to the internet and an email address.


  • In most cases, the eTA will be granted within minutes of applying.


  • The cost to apply for an eTA is $7 (CAD) per person which is paid at the time of application.

Applying for an eTA in advance of travelling to Canada is the sole responsibility of the customer, and Sportquest Holidays cannot apply for this on behalf of any customers.

Please Click Here to apply

Post a comment

Contact Us